Friday, June 26, 2009

Not our finest hour.

The Bean is outside screaming her head off. It is raining outside, and she is in her socks. I'm sure that upsets her. However, moments ago, she was inside screaming her head off, and I have decided to drive home the point that I won't listen to it.

Is this perfect parenting? Probably not. But at least it's not wintertime. I have been known to plop her down in a snowbank and go back in the house rather than let her throw a tantrum. I just. Won't. Put up with it. And when she calls my bluff, she's got an outdoor experience coming.

5 comments:

  1. I've done the same thing. With E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that (many times) with my kids...

    Wont be long before I'm old enough and out of it enough for them to do it to me ...

    what goes around ... etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. dennis from dennis5:47 PM, July 13, 2009

    As a child-free adult, can I just thank you for not raising brats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i totally do that. i also pull over in the car when we are driving and I get out and let her stay in the car and scream. (I have also been known to put her in the shower)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never had to do that, for I would just say behavior of that type is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. The child would immediately come into line and that would be the end of it. Ahhh, it is good to fantacize.

    ReplyDelete