Monday, April 30, 2007

"Beauty Shop"

Netflix fans may relate to this: sometimes the red envelope comes, and I open it, and the movie inside is nothing I have even heard of, let alone wanted to see. I must have put it in the queue during a fugue -- I have no memory of it and no idea what the thing is or why I'd want to watch it. That's how it was when Beauty Shop arrived. I think Queen Latifah is pretty terrific, but damned if I can figure where I got the idea to see this movie.

It wasn't a total loss. Kevin Bacon is amusing as an affected hairdresser with a pole up his ass. Queen Latifah plays a sympathetic character. Alicia Silverstone and Andie MacDowell have nice little roles.

But overall... eh. A little feelgood movie, not actively painful to watch, but not the least bit memorable either. I've already forgotten it. What is this post about again?

No comments:

Post a Comment