Monday, April 30, 2007

Jehovah! Jehovah!

Friends and family will be amused to read that after years of tolerating, even somewhat enjoying, regular visits from the team of Jehovah's Witnessess assigned to my apparently sorry spiritual case, I have thrown 'em out and requested they never return.

I didn't mind the religious chats. I've been happy to share my thoughts on these matters, figuring these particular visitors could use some help, frankly.

I didn't mind their dwelling on all that is awful and scary in the world, because it gave me an opportunity to be on the other side of that argument, for once. I'm prone to over-worry about things, and to be in a position where I'm saying "hey, there's a lot of good happening, too!" -- well, it's good to remind myself of that, as well as the doom-is-near types on my doorstep.

So, the last straw? The article in the last whatever-it's-called, exhorting the virtues of the marriage in which the wife is subject to the husband and the husband is head of the wife, and tut-tutting over the evils of the "so-called 'women's liberation' movement." Patronizing, insulting, and not welcome in my home. Buh-bye.

1 comment:

  1. I've never had the patience to listen to any of their schtick, but that bit would've set me off.

    Did they ever ask you for money? I've heard they do that.

    ReplyDelete