Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day recap

Sunday morning Mr. Sandyshoes said to me that... um, er, he didn't plan anything for Mother's Day... because we don't do that kind of holiday, right?

And he's right, we don't, at least not the way most everyone else does. So, while most everyone else was stuck taking/being taken by their families out to eat at crowded restaurants, I happily abandoned my lovely offspring in the care of their lovely father and ran off to the movies. W00t!

And:I am happy to report that everything good that's being said about Star Trek is true.

It. Is. Awesome. I just wanted to sit there and watch it again.

Also, I got a rock. Peanut painted a rock at preschool, glued a clothespin to it, and voila, I have a paperweight/clip thingy. Bean presented me with a lovely yellow flower, which she had planted at school and brought home. Like an idiot, I lifted it gently out of its cup to see if there was drainage or I should repot it... I should've just asked her, because she knew how it was supposed to drain, and I would've saved her from bursting into tears at all the potting soil I inadvertently dumped on the floor. Sigh.

Yeah whatever. That is a damn good movie. It hit all the right notes -- just campy enough.

Go. See. Report.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. We saw it Friday night, our last night of freedom before my mom brought the boys back home. It was AWESOME!! (And it doesn't hurt that the new Kirk and Spock are hawt!!)

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm hm. That Spock kid bears watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have been able to get into star trek! I am sorry to say. But glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete