Friday, May 11, 2007


Sixteen. That's the percentage of registered voters in town who turned out for yesterday's local election, which included contested races for two positions on the select board and two on the school committee.

The Town Clerk called it a good turnout.

Now I'm not one who says that if you don't vote, you don't have the "right" to complain about things. One of the great things about our country is that everyone can complain. Sometimes it seems as though damn near everyone does.

But still... 16%? Where were the other 84% of us? Rotating our tires? Trimming the cat's claws? Changing the shelf liners in the linen closet? Complaining about something?


No comments:

Post a Comment