Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Were I Queen of the Universe... II

...supermarkets would notify people when a product has been discontinued and they won't be getting any more of it.

A while back, there was a brand of sweet potatoes canned without syrup. They were great, especially for feeding to babies in high chairs. We *loved* them. And one day, poof! they were gone. Had I known this was going to happen, I'd have bought ALL OF THEM, and run around to all the other Stop & Shops buying 'em out there too.

I can't get El Paso "medium" salsa in the large jar any more.

Lately I'm noticing that lower sodium versions of things are disappearing. Goya had some varieties of beans with less salt that aren't being restocked. Nabisco has just discontinued Low Salt Triscuits. Anywhere I can find those things, I'll buy all that are left.

I feel a bit like Elaine Benes with the sponges. Except way more (read: totally) pathetic. In my tedious midlife crisis, I could care less for a convenient OTC contraceptive. Give me a low salt whole grain snack, damnit, or I'll get all angry consumer on yo' ass.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...

    Had I but known that the Pillsbury sticky caramel rolls I got at the new Target were sent to this region by mistake, I'd have bought a boatload!

    Welcome to mid-life, SandyShoes :-)

    ReplyDelete