Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Wind Between My Ears

Shortly after noon today, as on every school day, we got our coats and shoes and the Bean's frog backpack on, and walked up the street to the bus stop. Where we waited. And waited. And waited. Until a glimmer of something came into my consciousness... something makes sense about this, but what is it, what is it? Fuzzy, but coming into focus in my mind's eye, a notation in my calendar:
HALF DAY ==> NO SCHOOL.

It's not as if it's even cryptic. The Bean is in afternoon kindergarten, so a half day in the schools means she doesn't go. Very simple. Half day, meaning, no school. But it only works if I look at it.

One wonders why I keep a calendar at all, for all the good it does me with these half days. I'm just glad I didn't rush the girls to the car and drive her to school... it wouldn't have been the first time.

Well -- all is not lost, just my sense that I know what the hell is going on in my own life, which, frankly, I'm learning to do without.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment