Sunday, July 29, 2007

Because I'm boring.

Someone asked why my blog doesn't have a cute name. I know what they mean. I've been surfing blogs, and a lot of them have very cute names. Puns. Witty plays on words. Excellent little gems of phrases I wish I'd thought of myself.

But I have no imagination, is why.

There's an old Star Trek episode called The Trouble With Tribbles in which Captain Kirk is being harangued over the intercom by an intolerably annoying person with a lot of complaints, and he signs off with something like, "as for [your concerns], they have been...(exasperated pause, Shatner style, and I type it rather than let you infer it because that's what he would do, no?)... noted and logged." At least that's how I remember it. Captain Kirk doesn't have time for that shit. The Enterprise is knee deep in tribbles, for cryin' out loud.

So, not knowing what kind of blog I'd be writing (it isn't a mommy blog, it isn't an issue or place blog, it isn't a hobby blog...), I went with Noted and Blogged, rather than be forever paralyzed because I didn't know what to call it.

There ya go... dull as dirt.

But I was a sedimentologist, in another life. Dirt is fascinating stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment