Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Free Association

Play the free association game every Sunday at Unconscious Mutterings. This week, she said, and I thought:
  1. signature :: official

  2. Olympics :: China (although I confess to an immediate image in my mind's eye of Michael Phelps's pubic bones. So sue me.)

  3. 100% :: all

  4. Damn! :: forgot

  5. Gold :: rush

  6. Fresh and natural :: lies, in advertising

  7. Fraction :: part

  8. Hurry :: up

  9. Summer :: almost over

  10. 29th :: what's happening on the 29th? Did I forget somewhere we're supposed to be on the 29th? Damn!


One thing I've noticed about playing this game is that often what comes first to my mind is a picture, not a word. Michael Phelps's lower torso speaks for itself. For "fresh and natural," what I thought of was a woman with long wavy brown hair wearing a gauzy pale blue dress walking on the beach. I'm pretty sure this at least approximates a 1970s television ad for Massengill douche. And since feminine hygiene product advertising is rife with patronizing insults and outright lies, that's the association.

Yeah, I guess that's pretty twisted.

4 comments:

  1. uh, unless my girlfriend is en route, not at all. even then, im just looking for clean, not poppourri, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny that we both thought of douche commercials for "fresh and natural"! It truly is what popped into my mind when I read that phrase. Scary, since douching leaves one neither fresh nor natural.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, who doesn't love a good douche commercial? Whenever I'm on my special lady time, I always think to myself, "Man, I wish I could walk on a beach at sunset.I could be comfortable if only I had sand in my crack and a sunburn."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is up: http://capriceglob.blogspot.com/2008/08/weekly-free-association_19.html

    ReplyDelete