Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Grail movies.

This weekend ended up being Holy Grail themed (movie-wise, that is, unless sand art is the Holy Grail of birthday party crafts). It had been far too long since we asked the eternal question, "how do you know so much about swallows?" so Friday night brought a viewing of Monty Python and the Holy Grail while frosting the Bean's birthday cake. Genius, as ever. Of course it's a good idea!

Saturday we revisited Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, which I'd forgotten is also a grail movie, and not bad at that (and quite a relief when it came out, because Temple of Doom sucked eggs). Best line: "I said no camels, Sallah. That's five camels. Can't you count?"

Too bad we didn't have The DaVinci Code for the trifecta, though that movie always makes me want to give Tom Hanks a haircut.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love Monty Python. "Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries." Heh. TCBIM doesn't get them. Freakboy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should taunt him a second time.

    Mr. Sandy doesn't get the Christopher Guest movies. I'll be wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing, and he'll just look at the screen, look at me, look at the screen... nothing.

    ReplyDelete