Sunday, August 26, 2007

Harry Potter Immersion

At a chapter a night, Mr. Sandy and I are about a third of the way through Deathly Hallows. Hopefully we'll keep up the pace as bedtime gets earlier with school starting next week (!).

I saw Order of the Phoenix on Friday -- at an IMAX theater. WOW. It was awesome.

I am having Harry Potter style dreams lately.

And I took a silly Harry Potter quiz:

Which Harry Potter Character Are You?

Hermione Granger. You are very smart, very clever, bookish, a loyal friend, loving, you fight for what you believe in, and can be pretty when you dress up. However, you are obsessed with school and rules, can sometimes take your projects overboard, you're a know-it-all, and you can be easily offended and overly cautious. But your friends stand by you and you totally got to date a professional quidditch player.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I'd love to see TOOP at an IMAX. That must have bee great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was *really* great! There were 3D glasses for part of the movie (the action at the Ministry of Magic). Wow, wow, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO Hermione. In a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Hermione too! Which makes sense, I guess, since I once was a nerdy teacher-wannabe and am now an actual nerdy teacher...

    We loved Order of the Phoenix, too, but saw it in the regular theater. We tried Charlie & the Chocolate Factory at IMAX and were nearly ill; I think our seats were too close for enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine some queasiness, sitting close. The 3D part actually ran went a tad too long, I think. But just a tad. Otherwise I have no complaints. I am delighted with how these movies are turning out.

    ReplyDelete