Sunday, December 16, 2007

Meh.

I still haven't chosen a picture of the girls for a Christmas card.

I have no idea what I'm making for Christmas dinner, and the only feeling I can conjure about it is "whatever." I have uncharacteristically opted to buy rather than make dessert for Christmas Eve dinner at my SIL's house. Nobody notices or cares either way.

The girls will get so many presents from their grandparents, and such a spectacular present from their Daddy, that I didn't even bother getting them anything myself. What's the point? So, I am almost done with all the obligatory errands. Except, what do you get a kindergarten teacher who's going to get 44 other stupid little presents?

This feeling usually passes, but right now? If it were up to me -- which nothing ever is -- I would skip the whole damn thing.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I know the feeling. To quote from The Waitress' "Christmas Wrapping":

    Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!
    But I think I'll miss this one this year.


    Most of the time the feeling passes, though with relatives staying over and then obligatory cross-country travel to visit other family, I'd really enjoy a quiet Christmas home alone once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, skip the dang thing. One of my better Christmases was the one we chose to "skip" because of a death that year, so we went to Bermuda - and I felt happy again.

    I'm taking it one day at a time and I'm not even a 12-stepper. The cards have been here a week or two but no energy to send them yet. It took 3 days to get the tree, bring it in, and decorate it this weekend. One step at a time.... Plus, this weather rots.

    ReplyDelete