Friday, December 21, 2007

Perhaps you misunderstood.

When Mitt Romney said he saw his father march with Martin Luther King, Jr., he didn't mean he saw it, he meant that he "saw" it... in the sense that if you close your eyes and imagine something, you can "see" it. Like, oh, visions of sugar plum fairies. That kind of thing.

Oh, you thought he meant it really happened? No, silly! It's a figure of speech! Figurative, you know? Like when you say something "is," but you don't mean that it is in real life, you just mean... well, it depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

Yeah. Like that.

6 comments:

  1. Not party to American politics - but *loved* this post. !!

    Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure like your comparison to visions of sugar plum fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To this day, every time I hear a story about Mitt, I think about him putting his dog in a carrier on the roof of his car....out of all the stories I have read about him, this is the one that sticks to my ribs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, and I had sex 'with' George Clooney last night.

    ReplyDelete